How to Host a Diaper Drive
Do you know each baby will use more than 6,000 diapers at a cost of $2000+ before potty training? Diapers are not covered by state aid, WIC or foodstamps so families must shoulder the financial burden alone!
No mother should ever have to choose between food and diapers. You can help local families in need! Hold a diaper drive at your work, a grocery store or place of worship to collect new, unopened packages of disposable baby diapers and wipes to donate to us. We serve over 500 single, young or low-income women every year and diapers are our most requested item!
Tips to host a successful diaper drive:
- Choose a final collection date and place. It helps to give 2-3 weeks notice. (Or set up a booth at a local grocery store.)
- Set up a collection bin. Have fun with this! It could be a large box wrapped with pretty paper or a play pen that you can later donate to our center. It helps if you "seed" it with a couple packs of diapers or wipes.
- Put a Diaper Drive poster over the collection bin and several other strategic locations (like the ladies bathroom!).
- Print out the Diaper Drive flyers, write your info on them and make copies. Hand them out to everyone you know!
- Take pictures of your final collection day so we can share your success and generosity with our ministry partners!
- When you have finished your drive, drop off the diapers at our location and we will give you a tour of our facility... especially our baby boutique!
Thank you so much for choosing to partner with us in this way. Your generosity will help local mothers and babies in a very practical way!